Information from the Rotherham Parent Partnership Service:
Chapter 2 of the New SEND Code of Practice (0-25) states:
“Information, advice and support should be provided through a dedicated and easily identifiable service. Local authorities have established Parent Partnership Services to provide information, advice and support to parents in relation to SEN. In addition, many local authorities provide or commission information, advice and support services for young people. Local authorities should build on these existing services to provide the information, advice and support detailed in this chapter.”
It has been agreed that from April 2015, the Rotherham Parent Partnership Service will be known as the Rotherham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS).
Rotherham SENDIASS will still continue to provide Impartial Information, Advice and Support to parents and carers of children/young people (0-25) around SEND, however this will also incorporate Health and Social Care matters where SEND is relevant. We will do this by:
- Providing accurate, impartial information on our website
- Providing information and advice over the phone or via email by our dedicated SEND Advisor
- Offering support from a trained Independent Parental Supporter (Volunteer)
- Offering in depth support around SEND related issues from a referral officer
- Offering support around the EHC process either by a Referral Officer or via Independent Supporters (Volunteers)
We also offer Impartial Information Advice and Support to children 0-16 (as described in Chapter 2 of the Code of Practice) and have a dedicated Children’s Information Officer (0-16).
Why not visit our new website www.rotherhamsendiass.org.uk